Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My Happy Place

A green heron stalks its prey.  I love these little guys.

There are few things that beat a day in the swamp.  The only thing that could have made this day better is if I hadn't listened to the "weatherman", who predicted cloudy, cloudy, cloudy skies.  There was no mention of sun whatsoever.  Therefore, I didn't bring a hat or sunblock.  Why lug around extra gear, if you don't have to.  I know.  I know.  At my advanced age, I should know better.  I'm just too darned trusting.

You can stop laughing, Jen.

I'm feeling a little ill, but looking at the pics of my wonderful swamp critters makes me feel better. 

Btw, these were taken in a swamp in High Point State Park in New Jersey.

A green heron preens.


Green heron


A female grackle sits on her nest.  Must have gotten a late start, because the eggs don't seem to have hatched, yet.


A mama hooded merganser and her chicks.  I couldn't get very close to these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment